Emergency & Other Useful Numbers
The SAPS Office is situated in Main Road, near the entrance to Hogsback, between Swallowtail Country Estate and King's Lodge Hotel.
- Telephone (Hogsback Police Station): 045 962 1030
- National SAPS emergency number: 10 111
There is currently no medical doctor in Hogsback.
As part of its community outreach, Hobbiton offers a Mountain Rescue Service for free, to all who walk, run, cycle, climb, etc in the Hogsback Area.
- 045 962 1193 Hobbiton Land Line
- 084 840 0617 Tonya Cell
- 072 236 6958 Julian Cell
Fire (Hogsback Village):
Hogsback residents have organised, among themselves, a voluntary community-based fire response initiative.
- First contact (Pete Galt): Home: 045 962 1337; Cell: 072 327 8911
- Second contact: (Ian Weir): Home: 045 962 1234; Cell: 082 374 4296
- Third contact: (Mark Schenk): Cell:
- Fourth contact (Nadia Schenk): Cell: 076 458 7341
Fire - Pine Plantations:
The pine plantations around Hogsback are operated by a private compant, Amathole Forestry Company (AFC).
- Telephone (Office):
- After-hours emergency:
The Hogsback Post Office Agency is situated in the Hogsback Suprtmarket, Main Road.
- Hours of operation: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 09hoo - 16h00
- Telephone: 045 962 1176 (ask for Post Office)
- Name and Postal code: Hogsback 5721
Visitors' Information Centre:
The Visitors' Information Centre is situated in Main Road, Hogsback.